Monday 6 October 2014

VEGANBNB TRAVEL BEHIND THE SCENES



As a firm believer in promoting conscious economy's and having transparency in business, it's high time I took you behind the scenes, welcome to my world!

What does it really take to run a vegan travel company (apart from lots of vegan carrot cake)?







My office: I work from coffee shops, sometimes from home, occasionally in the jungle with a pad and paper, shared office spaces, airports, bus stations and train stations, it's just myself and my mac, we're a tight unit! 

Trip research mission Guatemala
Trip research: Lots of planning and research goes into all of the trips on offer, I'm constantly on the lookout for new routes, interesting guesthouses and lovely lodges. Sometimes they find me,  I have an internal compass set to explore which means I'm always on the move, it's amazing what you find and who you bump into on a Sunday afternoon motorbike ride in Guatemala or chatting to a local in a tapas bar in Spain.

Local Guides: I spend as much time as possible with my local guides, they are
the people who make the magic happen!

I have been working closely with a few select people for a number of years in Guatemala and other parts of latin America, they are wonderful knowledgeable people that deserve recognition.

Where does your money go: 75% of the money you pay for a Veganbnb Travel holiday stays within the local economy, even on small scale this has the power to create change and make a difference within a community whilst creating the demand for more vegan friendly products and services internationally.

In-between trips: I'm talking to you! I appreciate that booking a holiday is an exciting process there are questions and queries so the in-between for me is the organising part, which when you are running over ten trips across two continents and communicating in two, sometimes three different languages is quite time consuming and there is no room for error, it takes laser focus to make sure everything runs smoothly and that standards are not only  unsurpassable but consistent.



I am also spending more time with now with other small businesses both in Guatemala and Spain who are reacting to the demand, helping them add vegan friendly options to their menu's and talking them through the elements of veganism which they may not understand, it's great to see people becoming more open and aware of this type of tourism as collectively we have the power to create change.

Watch this space to see which countries will be added to the books in 2015!






OVER TO YOU

If there any other behind the scenes info you would like to hear about then please let me know Let me know in the comments box below.

OCTOBER EXPERIENCES

Botanical gardens, Vegan cooking classes, kayaking in the Ardales national park, local markets and more, the very best of Andalucia in a vegan friendly environment. Find out more about Octobers 7 day trip, Ultimate Andalucia here >>>





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, share your thoughts, comments and words of vegan wisdom here!