Monday 15 June 2015

CAN A PAIR OF EARRINGS CHANGE YOUR LIFE?

According to Motivational speaker Jim Rohn, we are all the average of the five people we spend the most time with in our lives.

When was the last time you engaged with someone outside of your top five?

I recently bought a pair of earrings that changed my life, let me introduce you to Antonio.







He's got two, maybe three day stubble, a face that's friendly, lived in.

I'm looking at his street stall, thinking how chilly it is for June evening in Spain and unconsciously making all sorts of presumptions in my mind about this friendly looking man with two, maybe three day stubble.

Quieres un cafe niƱa? 

He's offered me a coffee and quickly I feel alert, my thoughts about who he is, what he's doing selling jewellery on a street stall in Spain challenged.

His accent, it's Argentinian, not Spanish which means I have to revoke my original assumption of who he is, of what his story is.

And he's well spoken, articulate, engaging.

He's everything I didn't think he would be, now I'm curious.

Meet Antonio, born 7 kilometres from the Argentinean capital of Buenos Aires to an Argentinean mother and Italian father in the sixties. 

Antonio's father, who was a barber by trade had two friends, one a mechanic and the other a watchmaker, Antonio was given three options; learn how to cut hair, learn how to fix cars or learn watches.

Watches it was, for the next twenty or so years of his life.

After watches Antiono went on the own a few shops, some property, he was affluent, life was good.

Things changed, Argentina became politically unstable, he moves to Italy, his ancestral home and later Spain where, he begins to do what he's done all his life, trade.


I buy a pair of earrings.


His story changes my life, just a fraction. 

Without knowing it he challenged my thinking, he taught me a lesson of judgement, of acceptance and later, of
surprise as he becomes someone I had judged him not to be.



So, when was the last time you engaged with someone outside of your top five?

Join me for some new experiences in Guatemala later this year.

May your vegan journeys challenge you, allow you to grow and bring you lovely jewellery! 

Emma x

OVER TO YOU       

If you have a question that you think would be a great Veganbnb Travel topic then email me on info@veganbnbtravel.com

Share your thoughts in the comments box below so I can work towards serving the vegan travel community better and creating trips and products that you love.


P.S PASS IT ON

Loved this post? Then share it on Facebook and Twitter.

VEGAN ADVENTURES IN 2015
Discover how compassionate travel can promote the availability of a lifestyle in which animals, people and the environment are not exploited, one holiday at a time. 

www.veganbnbtravel.com for further information on vegan adventure holidays in Guatemala and Spain. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, share your thoughts, comments and words of vegan wisdom here!